Monday, April 26, 2010

Easy & Nutritious Meals

Okay so at work I am currently teaching a class that is titled Easy Meals for Busy Families. For my class I hand out quick, easy, and nutritious recipes for everyone to try. I have actually tried quite a few myself to make sure that what I was giving out actually tasted good! I thought I would share some of them with you so check them out and try them out! Here is one of them.

FOIL PACK CHICKEN FAJITA DINNER


1 1/2 cups of brown rice, uncooked
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 tbsp. of taco seasoning
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 green peppers cut into strips
2 red peppers cut into strips
1/2 cup of thick and chunky salsa
1/2 cup of mexican style shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fold up each side of 4 heavy duty foil sheets with a 1 inch rim. Spray with cooking spray and combine water, rice, and taco seasoning; spoon into foil. Top with remaining ingredients. bring up foil sides and double fold the top and sides to make sure it is sealed leaving room for circulation. Place on cookie sheet leaving space in between each packet. Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done. Let stand five minutes. Cut slits into foil to let steam out before opening packets.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks good, I think I will really try it :D

Ellie said...

P.S. I got this recipe from kraft foods..but made some changes.. Also if you cut up some onions in it, it tastes even better!