Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Person Is a Person No Matter How Small

Last saturday we had a baby shower for my sister Megan. She is due in March and is having a boy! They are planning on naming him Asher which is such a cute name! The baby's room is a Dr. Seuss theme (it looks amazing. If you want to see what it looks like click here) so we decided that we would do that for our baby shower theme as well.

We had a lot of wonderful goodies and food. My sister in law Alexis is professional at decorating for parties as you can see! ;) She does a wonderful job!

Here are the cupcakes I made for the shower which matched perfectly with the decorations! I am glad it worked out so well!


Here are a few more of our goodies. Alexis made oreo truffles (which are to die for) and I made some cake pops.

Also on the food table was the Dr. Seuss diaper cake Alexis made for Megan. I love diaper cakes they are so adorable!

Here is Meg opening some presents. It was such a nice shower and we really enjoyed everyone that came!


We had all the guests write a little message in a Dr. Seuss book, which was a great idea! My sister Emily made little thank you's which was a bag of colorful sixlets with a tag that said, "a person is a person no matter how small." CUTE! Even though I was part of throwing the shower with Emily and Alexis, they did most of the work and I really appreciate them and their creativeness! I just have amazing sisters! I love you all :) I can't wait to see Asher and hold him and love him...which I already do :)

3 comments:

Shanna said...

i'm in LOVE with this theme! Breymen has already started his collection of dr suess books! there are really cute cardboard ones at costco!!! please tell megan how excited i am for her! asher is an adorable name!!!

Heather said...

I'm pretty sure that is the cutest baby shower I have ever seen! Holy smokes! What a fun idea! And the cupcakes look amazing! :)

Cody and Paige said...

Such a cute theme! All that food looks delish! Cute Ellie.. how exciting for Megan and I LOVE the name :)